Acting Commissioner Kristin M. Woodlock, RN, MPA
Governor Andrew M. Cuomo
Consolidated Fiscal Reporting System (CFRS)
Restoring Your CFRS Database from a backup file
Follow the below steps, to restore your CFR database, by importing your data from a CFR backup file. This procedure is very similar to the Importing Data from a CFR Backup or Upload file process.
- Open the CFR software.
- Select "Import from Previous Version", from the Welcome menu or Select "Open", from the Submission menu item. Click "Import" button or click on Utilties and then Import Data.
- Click on the "Browse" command button and select the file you wish to import from.
- Browse to the location where you saved your backup. If you had previously saved your backup file to a non-default location, you will now need to browse to it. If it is in the default hard drive location (Windows XP version shown below; varies with other OS), the path statement will be similar to below:
- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Consolidated Fiscal Reporting System\CFRS 12.0\DB\Backup
- Select your most recent backup file(the creation date and time are in the file name), and click the Open button. This will bring up a list of all of the submissions in your backed up database.
- Select the submission you want to import, by single left clicking on it, to highlight it, check whether you want "All Data" or "Master Data Only" then click on "Import".
- If you wish to change the submission definition while importing put a check in the box "Change Submission Definition" and address ALL of the following items:
- Check whether you want "All Data" or "Master Data Only"
- Select the "Reporting Period" if other than the noted default.
- Select the "Submission Type" from the drop down
- Enter your "Provider Code"
- Click the "Validate" button, and acknowledge the pop-up window
- Click on the "Import" command button.
- After all of the above steps have been addressed:
- When the import completes successfully, close the pop-up window, by clicking the "Close" button
- If you have more than one submission to import, then repeat above steps. Otherwise, you can now close the Import Data Window, by clicking the "Close" button
- Now, go back to the Submission / Open menu item. Your new submission should be listed
- Select it (highlight it with a single Left click) and open it
- Select the Schedule you wish to work on, from the pop-up window