New York State has enacted legislation that provides for court-ordered assisted outpatient treatment (AOT) for certain people with mental illness who, in view of their treatment history and present circumstances, are unlikely to survive safely in the community without supervision. Below are links to further information concerning Kendra's Law and Assisted Outpatient Treatment.
Assisted Outpatient Treatment
- Summary An explanation of Kendra's Law.
- Resources More Information and who to contact.
- Forms Download the appropriate forms here.
- AOT Program Reports Print reports available for download.
- Final Report on the Status of Assisted Outpatient Treatment (March 2005)
- An Interim Report on the Status of Assisted Outpatient Treatment (January 1, 2003)
- Frequently Asked Questions
Medication Grant Program
- The Medication Grant Program provides medication, at no charge, for individuals with mental illness being discharged or released from jails, hospitals and prisons during their pendency of Medicaid.