PROS Provider Handbook
Various sections of the PROS Handbook are currently being modified. During the next few months, updated chapters and additional material regarding the PROS program will be available. Links to the updates will be found on the Handbook page within the PROS section of the OMH website.
- The first Handbook update is the Finance Chapter.
- Next will be the PROS - Overview of Program Design Power Point and the PROS – Overview of Documentation Power Point. These are intended to present an outline of relevant PROS information for agencies that have an interest in adopting the PROS program. This concise material is meant to contribute to an agency's decision-making process based on a general understanding of PROS and its programmatic expectations.
- Thereafter, a revised PROS – Overview of Program Design Chapter followed by a revised PROS – Overview of Documentation Chapter will be available on the PROS website. These updated chapters will provide a comprehensive and specific description of the PROS program design and documentation processes.
- Updated information will be added to complete the PROS Handbook and PROS informational material.
The PROS Handbook has been developed to provide guidance for:
- understanding the intent of the PROS initiative;
- converting existing mental health program model to a PROS model;
- obtaining PROS certification; and
- operating a PROS program that meets regulatory standards and improves the quality of services.
While the primary audience for this document is providers that will be converting to a PROS model, it may also serve as an informational resource for recipients, local governments, family members and other interested parties.
Comments or questions about the information on this page can be directed to the Rehabilitation Services Unit.