Quality Improvement Teams
The PSYCKES initiatives use a Quality Improvement (QI) approach to improve psychotropic prescribing practices. The resources available in this section of the PSYCKES website include materials relevant to a wide audience as well as tools developed to support specific initiatives.
- Quality Concerns includes definitions of the PSYCKES quality indicators, clinical modules and webinars that highlight the scientific evidence for each quality concern, and brochures for consumers and families.
- Quality Improvement explains the FOCUS-Plan-Do-Check Act model for QI and links to the CQI Handbook.
- Project Tools provides links to checklists, webinars, and other resources developed to support PSYCKES initiatives in freestanding mental health clinics and hospital mental health clinics.
- Using PSYCKES gives links to the PSYCKES User's Guide and Using PSYCKES webinar.
- The PSYCKES Chart Review Form, updated in July, is now available on the website for PSYCKES indicators. A chart review is an effective way to identify non-Medicaid enrollees whose medication regimens could benefit from a clinical review.
- The Psychotropic Medication Reference Table, updated in July, is now available on the website. The table is designed to provide clinical staff with specific medication related criteria for PSYCKES indicators.
Comments or questions about the information on this page can be directed to the PSYCKES Team.