Explanation of Initial HARP Enrollment Process
- New York State (NYS) will identify people that are eligible for Health and Recovery Plans (HARP) based on a number of factors, including past Medicaid use.
- HARP eligible enrollees of a Medicaid Managed Care Organization that runs a HARP do not have to do anything to join. These people have received or will receive a notice from New York Medicaid Choice.
- They will be given 30 days to opt out or choose to enroll in another HARP
- HARP eligible enrollees of a Medicaid Managed Care Organization that does not offer a HARP must take action to join a HARP. These people have received or will receive a notice from New York State telling them how to join a HARP.
- Once enrolled in a HARP, members have 90 days to choose another HARP or return to their previous plan.
- After 90 days, members are locked in to their HARP of choice for 9 additional months.
- People enrolled in an HIV SNP will be able to receive BH HCBS services through the HIV SNP. They will be notified of their HARP eligibility by the NYS Enrollment Broker. The notice will inform these enrollees they may receive all services for which they are eligible through their current plan.
Please contact OMH Managed Care with any questions, comments or problems you may be experiencing with this site. If you would like to file a complaint about behavioral health managed care, please visit the Information on Filing a Complaint Page. Providers, if you have any questions about the managed care implementation, please complete and send a question form.