New York City Children's Center
1819 Bergen Street
Brooklyn, NY 11233
Telephone: (718) 613-3100
Fax: (718) 771-0086
74-03 Commonwealth Boulevard
Bellerose, NY 11426
Phone: (718) 264-4500
Fax: (718) 740-0968
Island Swann Studios
1300 Waters Place
Bronx, NY 10461
Phone: (718) 239-3600
Fax: (929) 348-4044
The mission of the New York City Children's Center (NYCCC) is to provide a comprehensive array of behavioral health care services to youth with serious emotional disturbances that help foster recovery and successful functioning in the home, school and community. NYCCC offers a full range of programs and services including inpatient hospitalization, behavioral health clinic, day treatment/intensive day treatment, intensive case management, crisis intervention, learning resource center, community respite, and youth and family support within a safe and therapeutic environment. For specific program information by campus, click on the links above.
Age Groups Served
The Center serves children between the ages of 5 and 21. Exact age varies by program.
Bronx, Brooklyn, Manhattan and Queens
- The New York City Children's Center - Queens Campus Psychology Internship Program is accredited by the American Psychological Association.
Please review this file to learn more about our Internship Program.
- The New York City Children's Center - Queens Campus Psychology Externship Program brochure.
Please review this file to learn more about our Externship Program.
Volunteering and Donations
NYCCC offers a wide variety of volunteer opportunities that promote the development of children's social and life skills. Volunteer programs offer enrichment opportunities to both the volunteer and the recipient. NYCCC welcomes caring, committed volunteers at least 21 years of age within our community who would like to help children reach their potential.
Donations for the benefit of the children during the holiday season are welcome. For further information on volunteering time or donating material items, please call (718) 264-4517.
- Executive Director - (718) 264- 4505
- Clinical Director - (718) 239-3624
- Director, Facility Administrative Services - (929) 348-4248
- Director, Quality Improvement - (929) 348-4244
- Director of Nursing - (929) 348-4245
- Chief of Inpatient Services (Queens) - (718) 264-4605
- Chief of Inpatient Services (Bronx) - (929) 348-3626
- Director, Community Services - (718) 264-4580
Comments or questions about the information on this page can be directed to the New York City Children's Center.