Acting Commissioner Kristin M. Woodlock, RN, MPA
Governor Andrew M. Cuomo
Division of Children and Families
- Social and emotional development and learning form a foundation for success in school, work and in life.
- Every action should strengthen our capacity to engage and support families in raising children with emotional health and resilience.
- The right service is available at the right time in the right amount.
- One Family-One Plan: Ensuring integrated and effective services and supports.
- An adequately sized workforce that is culturally competent and steeped in a new paradigm of integrated, family–driven care must be developed and sustained.
- Effectively prepare/support the Division and State, county and voluntary operated clinic programs for restructuring.
- Develop a robust series of recommendations for restructuring the children’s ambulatory system.
- Establish stronger operational ties between family and youth voice and the work we do.
- Improve access to psychiatric consultation.
- Review and simplify data reports while incorporating data use into daily activities across the Division.
- Develop staff skills in the Children’s Psychiatric Centers and Units via Interdisciplinary Training, PEM Plus and Cultural Competence initiatives.
- Improve the education of all young people served by state operated inpatient/outpatient.
- Continue to improve transparency and predictability in state/local budget and contracting processes.