The 2015 Patient Characteristics Survey (PCS)
The PCS is the only OMH data source that contains client-level demographic, social, clinical, and insurance characteristic across all public mental health service programs. Due to an exceptional level of cooperation and participation from service providers, the PCS has proved to be a reliable resource for helping to manage New York State's public mental health system, complying with federal reporting requirements, and assisting local governments with the mental health services planning process.
This page provides a reference for the training sessions and manuals used during data collection. Data collection for the 2015 Survey starts in the spring with the Facility Survey and is completed in the fall when all public mental health service agencies describe persons they served during the week of October 19 through October 25 using the PCS web-based application. Most facilities manually enter data into the application's forms, while some facilities elect to extract data from their electronic information systems and upload it to the application.
- PCS Calendar – Important Dates
- Preparing for and Getting Access to the PCS
- 2015* PCS Application (User Identification and Password Required)
- Survey Form (for informational purposes only)
- Using the 2015 PCS application: User Manual
- What's New for 2015
- Using the Data Upload Feature
- Valid DSMIV Diagnosis Accepted in the 2015 PCS (Sorted by Code)
- Valid DSMIV Diagnosis Accepted in the 2015 PCS (Sorted by Label)
- Valid DSM5 Diagnosis Accepted in the 2015 PCS (Sorted by Code)
- Valid DSM5 Diagnosis Accepted in the 2015 PCS (Sorted by Label)
- Frequently Asked Questions
- PCS 2015* Webinar Training [ Presentation Slides ]
- Reports and Data Briefs
* The 2015 PCS Application, 2015 User Manual and Training materials are currently available.
Comments or questions about the information on this page can be directed to the Bureau of Data Infrastructure.