There has been an increase in the use of synthetic marijuana, which has resulted in severe adverse events and increased emergency room department visits. The following geographic areas are particularly affected and require special attention: Long Island, Brooklyn, Upper Manhattan and Syracuse. OMH is also aware of individual cases in other areas of the state. Please distribute the information below to staff in all mental health programs including clinics, other outpatient programs, and residential programs.
Please note: For additional information, see the referenced advisories from NYS Department of Health and
NYC Department of Health as well as Governor Cuomo’s health alert .
44 Holland Avenue
Albany, New York 12229
1-800-597-8481 (A toll free resource for questions or complaints about mental health services in New York State.)
Current Response Assistance:
- National Disaster Distress Helpline at 1-800-985-5990
- Support after Hurricane Sandy
Emergency Planning and Disaster Mental Health information
- Governor Cuomo Proclaims May 5th-12th as Children's Mental Health Awareness Week in New York State (May 5, 2015)
- OMH has released the NYS Behavioral Billing Manual (May 1, 2015)
- 6th Annual “What’s Great in Our State: A Celebration of Children’s Mental Health Awareness” on May 5 in Albany, NY (April 29, 2015)
- Office of Mental Health Announces Rebuilding at South Beach Psychiatric Center in Staten Island (October 30, 2014)
- Office of Mental Health Announces $2.25 Million in New Funding for Mental Health Programs in Lower Hudson Valley (October 14, 2014)
- Office of Mental Health Announces $3.3 Million in New Funding for Mental Health Programs in Long Island (October 14, 2014))
Find more information on Public Notices.
- During hot weather, people who take certain medications are at risk (July 19, 2012)
- Wellness Guide for Parents of Youth in Day Treatment and Outpatient Programs (June 28, 2011)
- Increased Risk of Heat Illness to Persons Taking Antipsychotic Medications (April 10, 2011)
- OMH Releases Guidance Memo on the Use of PRN Medications (May 5, 2010)
|A link will appear prior to the start of the webcast||Thursday, June 25, 2015||10 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.|
Behaviorial Health Services Advisory Council